Indian Railways is one of the main transport modes in which you can handle your baggage or goods. Transportation of motorcycle or double wheel is one of the Indian Railways parcel services that are less costly than other parcel services. It’s one of the most common ways to move your bike from a new location. You may have a lot more questions in mind when it comes to transporting the two-wheel vehicle on a train. We are therefore here to clarify your doubts and clarify every requirement for this process.
Packox is India’s one of the number 1 and the most trusted aggregator packers and movers. They will take you from all over India to the best packers and drivers. You can find user feedback, pricing forecasts and numerous quotations from reputable sellers at Packox.
When Packox is there you don’t have to think. They realize that it is not an easy job to move household products, office supplies or commercial items. So they carry trustworthy and tested packers and transporters to you. They give the best quotes you can choose from their checked suppliers. They maintain the healthy hands of your changing artifacts. There sellers move the products from one place to another safely and securely.
Keeping that in mind, you can choose Packox to transport your bike, or any two wheeler like scooty. It is very easy with their service to get your bike on the train from your home if you cannot do that because of other luggage. They can provide their service when you reach your destination too.
There are two ways in which you could transport your bike via train.
The first is bike transportation as luggage and the other is bike transportation as parcel. The rules and steps are different for both of them. Below is a guide to make you understand the differences better.
Bike transport by train as luggage –
Biking by train as a luggage is a faster way to transfer the two-wheeler to the desired destination, so the person to turn his bike would go on the same train. The person will obtain it directly after he approaches the destination. It is a pricey way of motorbike transportation by train, because you have to pay for both your journey and the service.
Advantages of Luggage Transportation Mode –
- The mover even travels the same train in the fast and secure mode of bike transport.
- Instant ownership of the bike at the station to be used.
Disadvantages of Luggage Transportation Mode –
- There is no chance of pre-reservation.
- A guy has to ride his bike and it takes a lot of time.
- Before making a reservation, confirm availability of a baggage space.
Procedure for Luggage Bike Transportation –
- Step 1: At least two days before the agreed date your bike is delivered by train to your railway luggage reservation office.
- Step 2: Bring with you at the train station’s luggage booking office copies of your obligatory papers such as the RC, ID evidence and the travel tickets.
- Step 3: Please complete and pay charges for this service by filling out the luggage booking form.
- Step 4: Get professional packers to pack your two wheeler. Such as Packox.
- Step 5: Bring your luggage reservation receipt and train ticket acceptance.
- Step 6: Using the original train ticket and the luggage ticket, you have to visit the luggage office when you arrive at the destination.
- Step 7: A shipping or distribution receipt will be issued by the authorities.
- Step 8: Get your bike from the required train compartment at arrival.
Some important Things to keep in mind when Transporting Bike As Luggage –
At least three hours before the expected departure time, head to the train station with your bike. Get the best packaging experts with your bike so that you can prevent dents or bruises. Make sure your motorcycle is loaded in the same train you were riding.
Bike transport by train as parcel –
Often called Indian Railway Motorcycle Cargo, the shipment of bicycles by train as a parcel is an economical form of shipping bicycles by rail in India. This service is close to that of the packers and movers in India where the car or goods are quickly and securely packaged and then safely transported to the city of destination. Parceling bike transport by train involves submitting your motorcycle after successful packing at the Indian railway bike parcel office, and it can be sent to your destination and retrieved via the destination railway station by the railway authorities. Depending on the distance the process takes 3-5 days of time.
Advantages of Bike Parcel in Indian Rail –
- Save time and you don’t need to ride to the destination town on your bike.
- The delivery costs of package motorcycles are considerably lower than transporting motorcycles as luggage.
Disadvantages of Bike Parcel in Indian Rail –
- You must make a reservation in advance for this facility.
- Compared to bike transport, the time spent for this form of bike transport is much longer than luggage.
- The railways will have the discretion over the railway in which your motorcycle will be transported
Procedure for Bike Parcel by Train –
- Step 1: Visit the parcel office on the transfer day just before the day you want your motorcycle transported by train as a parcel. Do not forget all the important papers, such as the RC bike copy and the insurance.
- Step 2: Get the expert packers to pack your bike correctly.
- Step 3: Please complete the parcel form for the bike and insert descriptions of the frame and motorcycle number and pay for the service. Receive a parcel reservation receipt.
- Step 4: Write your reservation receipt number on your bike at the time of delivery for identifying purposes.
- Step 5: The rails will decide on the train to the destination city of which the bike is parcelled. Confirm the date of arrival before leaving the package center.
- Step 6: Within 48 hours from the delivery of a vehicle to the railway warehouse you will retrieve your bike from the destination. Additional fees will be paid if the delay were more than 48 hours.
- Step 7: Bring the package booking receipt with you, for successful delivery of the bike. Check the amount of the bike receipt to collect easily
We firmly advise you to keep the following things in handy before you book the bike as parcel/baggage on train booking counters. In order to book your transport service, the records below are compulsory.
- Government ID Card – that includes Aadhar Card, Driving License, Pan Card, etc.
- Bike Registration Certificate is required and it should match with your ID Proof.
- Bike Insurance Paper
- Photocopy of the above documents mandatory
- Travel Train Ticket (if you choose it as luggage)
Bike Parcel Charges and Cost
The costs for rail travel are still cheap relative to other modes. The cost of travel for motorbikes can be found below –
- Bike Packing / porter costs – Rs. 300 to 4000 can be charged. These fees include bike packing and train boarding.
- The parcel or motorcycle transport costs are determined depending on the distance and weight of the parcel by Indian railway.
You can see the official Indian Railway website below if you need the exact cost of your shipment.
- Cost of insurance – it is dependent on the motorcycle value. Remember that this cost and the bike parcel cost are included. State the bike’s value as higher as more the motorcycle’s value increases the more will be insurance costs.
- No additional costs refer to the Declaration up to Rs.10,000. The insurance charges are then an additional 1% of the declared value.
Packing Charges and Types –
Packing is an important part of this process as anything could happen to your vehicle if the packing is not good. We recommend Packox for this part of the process as they have the best trainees and this can give the best service. But if you want to choose the railway for the packing, then there are different kinds of them and the charges vary accordingly.
- Basic packing – in this type, they wrap your bike with a plastic bag and sack cloth. This kind is the cheapest of all, as it only costs around 200 to 300/-.
- Medium packing – The handle and forehead are covered in various layers of a plastic box, which means no accidents and manages the markers of the headlights. They also wrap all of the body pieces, except tires only, which are uncovered. In addition, seal the bike and stitch it from below. For medium-range bikes like Splendor, Passion is the one with less fiber parts. It’s best. It is between 600 and 800/-
- Maximum secure packing – Body pieces are wrapped in layers of cardboard boxes followed by rubber bags and washing bags. Nearly any portion is protected by many layers head to toe. Some people still use dried grass or bottles that act as shock absorbers. The best thing is and is more than enough for a sports bike as well. It is about 800 to 1000/-.
Time for booking bike parcel by Indian Railway
Although the timings might differ sometimes but these are timings for Indian railways in most cities.
For bike parcel transportation, the timings are between 10 am to 5 pm. But for bike luggage transportation, it is open 24×7.
Rules of Indian Railway for Bike Transportation via Train
Indian Railways have certain regulations that have to be observed if your bike or any other two-wheeler is transported by train.
- Ensure the gas tank is empty – If your bike is transported by rail, it is necessary to keep the oil tank clean. Violation of this law is fined by Rs. 1000/-. For transportation of the bike with full petrol in the tank, in certain cases, the railway police are entitled to file the case and you are expected to be thrown in jail between 6 months and 2 years. We also suggest that you be more alert.
- Bike harm or lost in a train crash – When the motorcycle has suffered or has been lost in a train crash, the railway authorities compensate for injury or harm depending on the stated worth of the motorcycle.
- Motor and motorcycle frame – Motor and chassis number of the bike must be stated in the parcel shape as reviewed as delivery takes place.
- Collection of bike postponed – If you do not unload or pick up your bike from your destination, you are allowed to reserve packages at the nearest railway station with the rail authorities and retrieve your bike again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How much does the transport of a bike by train cost?
A. The cost of motorcycle transport by train depends on the motorcycle transport system chosen. The transport by bike is much more costly as a luggage than the transport by bike as a story.
Q. How much does it charge for a bike parcel in a train?
A. Bike shipping and transport expenses and insurance charges will be included in the price of the train. Depending on the form and weight of the vehicle, the cost to be packed is Rs.300-1000 and the transport costs for the bike as parcel. If the reported worth of the bike is less than Rs. 10,000, Zero is protected.
Q. How do I parcel a bike via train?
A. Please visit the railway station parcel booking office, along with the documentation needed such as the RC, ID evidence and a bicycle insurance copy. Complete and apply the bile parcel form along with documentation submitted. Keep a copy of the reservation receipt with you to retrieve the bike from the destination.
Q. How long can we keep the motorcycle at the train station?
A. You can remain at the train station with the bike for six hours and then after that bill Rs. 10 per hour for keeping the bike.
Q. Can one transport the motorcycle with petrol in the fuel tank?
A. No, one cannot do that. The Indian Railways rules on bike transport indicate clearly that the person who has petrol in his fuel tank is liable to earn a fine of Rs. 1000 to 5000.